For patients who are missing one or more of their natural teeth, dental implants offer the strongest, most stable support for restorations. Dental implants are surgically placed in the jaw, where they fuse with the bone and act as artificial tooth roots for replacement teeth. For suitable candidates, there is no better way to secure dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures.
Dr. Lewis Ricciuti can perform your entire dental implants procedure in-house, including the planning, surgery, and post-operative care.
Tooth loss can have a significant impact not only on a patient’s oral health, but also on his or her overall health. Those who have lost teeth are vulnerable to healthy teeth becoming weakened or shifting out of their optimal positions, as well as to gum disease, deterioration of the jaw bone, and oral infections. We help patients avoid these consequences of lost teeth by providing them with the strongest and most secure dental restorations available. Dental implants, restored at our Levittown office, can anchor artificial teeth to the jawbone so that they resemble natural teeth in both appearance and function.
Any patient who has experienced tooth loss is a potential candidate for dental implants. Dental implants replace missing teeth while restoring strength and function to the mouth. Because they are the strongest type of restoration available, dental implants are a particularly good choice for patients who have lost teeth in the back of the mouth. However, in order to be a good candidate for dental implants, a patient must have both healthy gums and a strong jawbone that is substantial enough to support the dental implants.
Dr. Ricciuti determines candidacy for dental implants, in part, by performing a Cone Beam CT scan. A Cone Beam CT scan allows Dr. Ricciuti to examine the jawbone in greater detail than X-rays would allow and determine the optimal site to place the implants. Unlike a traditional CT scan, the Cone Beam CT takes roughly a minute, making it faster and safer to determine whether our patients are suitable candidates for dental implants. Patients who do not have enough bone to support traditional dental implants may be candidates for mini implants, or may benefit from bone grafting surgery.
The dental implant procedure is a lengthy process. Patients should understand that it may take several months for treatment to be complete; however, the result will be dental implants that will last for decades and possibly a lifetime. After candidacy has been determined, the stages of treatment will begin:
- Placing the dental implant: The first stage of treatment is the placement of the dental implant, which is a small titanium post. The implant is surgically inserted through a small hole in the gum line where the tooth is missing. This implant will act as a replacement for the tooth’s root and will stimulate the jawbone so that deterioration does not occur.
- Osseointegration: After the implant has been placed, it will take several weeks for the gums to heal. During this time, the implant and the jawbone will fuse together through a process known as osseointegration. This integration between the implant and jawbone is vital to the success of dental implant treatment.
- Attaching an abutment: After osseointegration has occurred, another procedure will be performed in order to attach an abutment to the dental implant. The abutment is a small piece that extends above the gum line and connects the dental restoration to the implant.
- Securing restorations: The final step of dental implants treatment is the placement of the dental restoration. Dental implants may be used to secure dental crowns, bridges, or dentures.
Dental implants are highly recommended for patients who are good candidates because they provide patients with an array of benefits, including the following:
- Dental implants are strong, secure, and durable
- Dental implants feel and look completely natural
- Dental implants do not require any special care or dietary restrictions
- Dental implants can improve restore ease to eating and speaking while improving overall oral health
Dental implants very rarely present complications after surgery. In fact, dental implant treatment is successful for about 98 percent of patients. However, as with all surgical procedures, patients should be aware of the potential risks associated with treatment, including:
- Nerve damage
- Damage to the sinuses
Again, it is highly unusual for these complications to occur, especially in the experienced hands of our dentists.
If you have experienced adult tooth loss, dental implants are the most secure and durable dental solution. If you have questions about dental implants or would like to learn whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure, schedule an appointment with Dr. Lewis Ricciuti at 4Excellence in Dentistry at your earliest convenience.
Making the choice to restore your smile with dental implants is a big decision that requires serious thought. Your wide variety of options for replacing missing teeth may cause you to feel unsure about which choice is the best. Fortunately, Dr. Ricciuti can thoroughly explain the different types of dental implants offered at our Long Island practice, and help you decide which type will best meet your needs. With advanced training from renowned specialists in dental implants, he will guide you toward the implant solution that best fits your unique needs for the beautiful, functional smile you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Ricciuti will use Cone Beam 3D technology to create a scan of your oral cavity. Placing dental implants requires a certain amount of bone density in the jaw. If you have delayed addressing your missing teeth, and have lost bone density in the meantime, Dr. Ricciuti may suggest mini implants. The 3D scan also allows Dr. Ricciuti to determine the optimal placement of your implant. Once placed, traditional dental implants will fuse to your jawbone over the course of three to six months. Mini implants, on the other hand, can facilitate faster healing. Depending upon which kind of implants you receive, Dr. Ricciuti may be able to permanently restore them on the same day they are placed.
Dr. Ricciuti will speak with you about the types of dental implants that will best fit your unique needs. Consider the following options when making your final decision:
- Standard Dental Implants: The traditional dental implant can be used to replace one or more teeth, but requires a healthy bone density in the jaw. The number of implants needed depends on the extent of restoration. Placing traditional implants typically requires two surgeries.
- Mini Dental Implants: These implants are like standard implants, but have a smaller diameter, and usually require a less invasive placement procedure than traditional implants. Mini implants are often recommended for patients who have delayed treating a missing tooth, and have lost bone density over time. Mini implants can be replaced and restored in a single appointment.
- All-on-4®: These implants are specifically designed to support dentures. In most cases, they can be placed and restored in a single day. However, some patients may have to wait the standard three to six months for the implants to fuse with the jaw. Your dentist will determine which approach is best for you.
If you are missing one, several, or all of your teeth, you may be a candidate for dental implants. If you are experiencing gum disease, decay, or other issues, they must be addressed before implants are placed.
When looking to restore your missing teeth, consider that dental implants can:
- Complete your smile for improved confidence.
- Restore your daily function, for comfortable chewing and speaking.
- Improve your daily nutrient intake, as a result of more effective chewing.
- Act as placeholders to prevent the shifting of remaining natural teeth.
Make an Appointment
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Dr. Ricciuti looks forward to helping you decide the best method of restoring your smile and improving your quality of life. Don’t wait any longer to experience the joys of a complete and functional smile.
If you are missing all or most of your teeth, you may struggle with ill-fitting restorations that slip out of place, making it difficult to speak and eat with confidence. At 4Excellence in Dentistry, Dr. Lewis Ricciuti proudly restores advanced All-on-4® dental implants for our patients in Levittown and surrounding areas. By placing just four small implant posts in the jaw, your he can provide you with the base for a full implant-supported denture. Implant-supported restorations offer greater stability, a more lifelike appearance, and better protection for your oral health than traditional dentures. To learn more about All-on-4® implants and whether you are a candidate for this treatment, contact our office and schedule an appointment today.
To place your All-on-4® dental implants, Dr. Ricciuti will first numb the treatment area and may provide you with nitrous oxide, or oral conscious sedation. After the medication takes effect, Dr. Ricciuti will create four incisions in your gums, and insert biocompatible titanium implant posts into the jawbone. During your recovery, your bone will heal around these posts, forming a permanent and durable base for your restoration. In some cases, Dr. Ricciuti can immediately attach your new denture to the implant posts for same-day restorations. In other cases, you may need to wait for your jaw to heal before you can receive your permanent dentures. Typically, Dr. Ricciuti will supply a temporary restoration while you wait.
If you are weighing various restorative options, there are a number of reasons to consider All-on-4®. The benefits of this innovative treatment include:
- Stability: Because All-on-4® implants are permanently attached to your jaw, you will never have to worry about your denture slipping out of place. Additionally, you can enjoy a diverse array of foods without fear of damaging your restorations.
- Aesthetics: Your restorations will be custom-crafted to fit your facial structure, creating a highly lifelike appearance.
- Candidacy: Because these implant posts are smaller, they are suitable for more patients than traditional dental implants. Often, you can receive All-on-4® implants even if your jawbone has shrunk. In some situations, a bone grafting procedure may still be recommended to make you a better candidate for this treatment.
- Oral Health: Because implant posts take the place of missing tooth roots, they provide outstanding protection for your jawbone, preventing the atrophy that results from tooth loss. Additionally, because the implant posts are smaller, the placement procedure impacts less of your jawbone and gum tissue.
If tooth loss has compromised your smile and oral function, All-on-4® dental implants may be the solution you have been waiting for. Contact 4Excellence in Dentistry today to set up your initial appointment with Lewis Ricciuti, BS, DDS.
When you are missing one or more teeth, your daily quality of life suffers. If you feel embarrassed about smiling, or if your missing teeth have made chewing and speaking uncomfortable, dental implants can restore the function and appearance of your smile. Dental implant surgery at our Levittown practice is a refined procedure that can give your smile an incredible new foundation providing comfort, confidence, and a better quality of life. To learn more about how dental implants are placed, please contact us today.
Each variety of dental implant we provide involves a slightly different placement method. Dr. Ricciuti will explain these procedures and answer all your questions before surgery.
- Traditional Dental Implant Surgery: Traditional implant placement requires two surgeries. During the first, the dentist makes an incision in the gums. A small pilot hole is drilled into the jawbone, and the threaded implant is inserted. The gum is stitched closed over the implant during the healing period of about three to six months. Once healing is complete, the second surgery can take place. Once again, an incision is placed in the gum. Abutments are attached to the implants, which will serve as the point of connection with your dentures or crown. The gums are stitched closed around the abutments, leaving them exposed above the gum line. Once healing is complete, the implants can be restored.
- Mini Implant Surgery: Compared to placing traditional implants, this process is minimally invasive. Mini implants can be inserted straight through the gums and into the jawbone. In most cases, mini implants can be restored immediately afterward.
- All-on-4®: Placing All-on-4® implants can share similarities to the traditional and mini implant placement procedures. It requires incisions in the gums, as well as pilot holes for the implants. However, once the implants are placed, some patients can have them restored immediately afterwards. Other patients need to wait three to six months for the implants to completely fuse to the jaw. Dr. Ricciuti will determine which approach is best for you.
Choosing dental implant surgery offers a host of benefits:
- They can preserve the integrity of your jawbone.
- You will no longer need to wear unstable prosthetics that relies on suction or messy adhesives.
- You will be able to bite into apples and other hard, chewy foods without worrying that your denture will slip out of place.
- Once your surgery is complete, you can enjoy long-term daily function and a beautiful, complete smile.
Patients with healthy jaws who promptly address missing teeth are good candidates for traditional implants. Those who have waited to treat missing teeth may have experienced some jaw atrophy, and are better suited for mini implants. The best dental implants candidates have healthy gums, and are non-smokers.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits and costs associated with dental implant surgery, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Restoring dental implants with dentures and crowns at our Levittown practice is the final step in achieving the complete, beautiful smile you deserve. With dental implants anchoring your restorations, you will be able to chew, speak, and smile with the utmost confidence, helping you to enjoy a better quality of life. To learn more about your options for restoring dental implants, please contact us today. We will be happy to schedule your free consultation.
We offer several options for restoring dental implants, based on your unique needs:
- Dental Crowns: If you are missing a single tooth, a custom dental crown attached to a dental implant can complete your smile and help you preserve the integrity of your jawbone.
- Bridges: A bridge is a partial denture designed to replace one or more missing teeth. Implant-supported bridges are fully anchored by one or more implants, and do not have to rely on adjacent teeth or restorations for support.
- Dentures: Those who require full dentures will experience the most dramatic advantages of dental implants. Those with dental implants never have to worry about their dentures slipping out of place, and there is no need for messy adhesives. Those who currently wear traditional dentures can have them altered to fit onto implants, sometimes immediately following surgery.
There are many benefits in choosing to anchor your restorations with dental implants:
- You will enjoy comfortable, effective chewing, thanks to the stability of restored implants.
- You can speak more clearly, without worrying your dentures will slip, or that someone will notice you are missing a tooth.
- Your dentures or partials will remain in place, so you can do away with messy adhesives.
- Dental implants will help you maintain valuable bone density in your jaw; no other restoration option provides this very important benefit.
Dr. Ricciuti will speak with you before your implant surgery to create a dental implant plan tailored to your needs. Your plan will focus on your candidacy for each type of dental implant and restoration, based on your oral health, your goals, and your budget. If you are missing teeth and desire beautiful restorations that improve your daily function, we offer several options to accommodate your unique needs. In addition, if you have lost jawbone density and are concerned you may not qualify for dental implants, you may make a wonderful candidate for mini implants. These implants are smaller, and require less support from your jawbone.
We will take precise impressions of your dental implants and adjacent teeth to guide the creation of your restorations. If you currently wear dentures, Dr. Ricciuti may be able to alter them so that they attach directly to your implants.
We are passionate about helping patients with compromised smile to experience a better quality of life with implant-supported dentures, crowns, and bridges. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
A smile that displays missing teeth can make you feel self-conscious. It may also make eating your favorite foods and speaking with those around you extremely uncomfortable. If you are considering dental implants, your first step should be discussing the benefits and risks of dental implants with us at our Levittown practice. Dental implants provide incredible benefits. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks involved as well. It is important to understand these aspects thoroughly before deciding to undergo dental implant placement. The best way to ensure the maximum benefits and satisfaction is to choose a proven, reputable practice. More than 98 percent of our patients have experienced a significant improvement in their quality of life through dental implants. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Are you missing one or more teeth? Do you wear dentures and feel frustrated or tired of dealing with their instability when you speak or chew your food? If you want a stable, durable replacement for a missing tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth, dental implants provide the security you desire. Dental implants replace your tooth roots and provide an outstanding anchor for restorations. Whether you have lost a tooth as the result of an injury, decay, or other conditions, we are equipped to help you achieve a balanced, healthy smile.
Like any surgical procedure, choosing to undergo dental implant surgery involves some risks. However, keep in mind that choosing dental implant surgery with highly trained, experienced dentists greatly reduces the chance of complications. Our team encourages you to ask questions, so you feel knowledgeable about the procedure and confident in your final decision. Risks of implant placement include infection and nerve damage.
It’s no accident that dental implants have become one of the most popular restorative dentistry options available today. All over the world, patients with compromised smiles are enjoying a better quality of life because of dental implants. Dental implants can give you:
- A complete, beautiful smile you can feel proud to share with everyone you meet
- Improved confidence
- Comfortable, efficient chewing and eating
- The ability to speak clearly
- Prevention of misalignment. Implants act as placeholders to prevent teeth from shifting into empty spaces.
- The absolute best support for your dentures, partials, and bridges. Implants allow you to use your dentures to bite into apples, corn on the cob, and other tough and chewy foods.
- Retention of bone mass in the jaw. The jaw will begin to atrophy in the absence of tooth roots, but implants halt this process.
If you would like to learn more about dental implants, including risks and benefits, costs, and the steps involved in the process, contact us today for your free consultation. We can help determine if dental implants are a good solution for you.
Dealing with the daily emotional and physical discomfort associated with missing teeth can take a serious toll on your life. Fortunately, a variety of dental implant treatments available at 4Excellence in Dentistry can restore your smile and your satisfaction. If you have decided that dental implant surgery is for you, speak with your dental team about how much dental implants cost at our Levittown practice. Your friendly dentists will help you understand the cost of this procedure, and why so many patients have found it to be an incredible investment in their health and happiness. To learn more about the cost of dental implants, please contact us today.
Dental implant costs vary depending on the dental implant type you require, the number of implants it will take to restore your smile, and the restorations you choose. Other costs include anesthesia, and any alterations needed to make your current set of dentures compatible with dental implants. During your initial consultation, we will fully explain the variables that apply to your case, and how they can influence the cost of your treatment.
While you may feel the desire to go for the least expensive quick fix, think about your investment by focusing on the many benefits of this restorative treatment. Dental implants may require a greater investment up front, but with the proper care, they may last for the rest of your life. When you choose long-lasting prosthetics from highly trained dentists, you often save money – as well as time and effort – in the long run.
Of course, dental implants can also help you to once again bite into any foods you choose, carry on a conversation without worrying that your dentures will slip out of place, and smile with absolute confidence. Your smile is one of your most valuable assets. Dental implants are the surest way of rebuilding your smile and enjoying all the priceless benefits it can provide.
Your caring dentist, Dr. Lewis Ricciuti, at 4Excellence in Dentistry recognizes that investing in dental implants is a big decision. However, we also believe that every patient deserves to enjoy a beautiful, fully functional smile. We encourage you to speak with our team about the payment plans we provide to help you achieve the smile and oral health you deserve. Most insurance plans do not cover the cost of dental implants; some will cover part of the cost. We will gladly coordinate with your insurance company to find out if they will cover any of the expenses associated with your procedure.
If you are missing teeth, dental implants are one of the greatest investments you can make. We would be glad to take time with you to explain what dental implants might cost, and how they can help you to enjoy a better quality of life. To schedule your free consultation, please contact us today.
At 4Excellence in Dentistry, Dr. Lewis Ricciuti is trained to restore state-of-the-art dental implants. If you are missing one tooth, several teeth, or even your entire dental arch, implant-supported restorations can rejuvenate your smile and restore strength and function to your bite. Implants are small titanium posts surgically implanted in the jaw, where they provide a stable base for a restoration like a crown or denture. To qualify for dental implants you should be in good general and oral health, and have a strong and dense enough jawbone to support the implants. The simplest way to determine your candidacy for dental implants is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ricciuti at our Levittown practice. Contact our office today and book your consultation.
A dental implant-supported restoration is comprised of an implant post, an abutment piece, and a dental crown, bridge, or denture. If you are missing one or more teeth and you are in good health, you may be a good candidate for dental implants. During your initial consultation, Dr. Ricciuti will review your medical and dental history and conduct a thorough examination. If you suffer from gum disease or dental decay, your dentist will need to treat these conditions before you can receive implants.
In addition, you must have enough jawbone structure to support the implant posts. During a consultation, Dr. Ricciuti will use a cone beam computed tomography (CT) scanner to examine your jaw. This advanced imaging technique helps us gain a better understanding of your bone health than x-rays, and can also be used to plan the placement of your implants.
Unfortunately, following tooth loss, your jawbone will start to demineralize and atrophy, and if you have been missing teeth for some time, you may not have enough bone density for these types of restorations. With bone grafting, Dr. Ricciuti can strengthen your jawbone using bone from another part of your body or a stronger section of your jaw.
We proudly offer several types of dental implants, which allow us to approve a greater number of patients for implant-supported restorations. Patients who do not qualify for traditional implants may benefit from:
- Mini dental implants: Mini dental implants are similar to traditional implants, but they have a smaller diameter. This reduced size may make them a better option if you have lost jawbone volume or density due to long-standing tooth loss.
- All-on-4®: Our doctors restore this type of implant with an implant-supported denture. By using four smaller implant posts, they can create a stable base with minimal impact to your jawbone and surrounding tissue.
These implant options are often chosen by patients who have a weakened or small jaw, but do not wish to undergo bone grafting. As an added benefit, these types of implants can often be restored at the same time they are placed, providing immediate functionality.
For the right patients, dental implants can improve their quality of life for years to come. Contact our office today to learn more about dental implants and to find out if this restorative treatment is right for you.